Sunday, June 7, 2009

June 7th Line-up and Notes

Today's lineup:

Soriano - LF
Theriot - SS
Fukudome - RF
Lee - 1B
Fontenot - 3B
Johnson - CF
Hill - C
Blanco - 2B
Wells - P

It looks like Soriano will get a much needed day off, against a pitcher that he has owned.

Carlos Zambrano has this to say about his future endeavors:

"After this contract, I'm done," said Zambrano, who is signed through 2012 with a vesting option for 2013. "I'm serious. I don't want to play. I want to help this team, I want to do everything possible to win with this team, but after five years or four years, or whatever I have left on my contract, I just don't want to play.

"I want to stay home and see my daughters grow up and hang out with my family more," he said. "Do you know how many Mother's Days I spend with my mother? Do you know how many things I've lost in my life?

"It's good to be here, it's good to play baseball -- don't get me wrong," Zambrano said. "But five years, four years, whatever I have left in my contract, I will retire. That's it."

We'll see what happens down the line, im sure his mind will change within the next 4 to 5 years.

IF you an author for an American League blog for any website, could you please comment or Email me!
This story was approved by Chicago Cubs Blog-Phil Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers