Monday, July 13, 2009

Cubs Notes

Bradley Comments:
"Don't read the newspapers, don't watch TV, just play," he said. "We've got everything we need right here. If we stay together in here, cut out all the outside [stuff], we'll be fine. There's way too much hoopla, there's way too much talk, there's way too much speculation.

"We're a team -- 25 guys going out there every day, grinding. You play 162 games for a reason. It doesn't matter where you're at right now. The Cardinals haven't won jack."

Hitting coach Von Joshua has been working with Bradley, who finished the first half at .243, well off his .321 pace last season with the Rangers.

"I understand what I'm doing wrong," Bradley said. "I looked at my tape from last year. I feel it now. So when I tell you I'm back, I'm back. You can mark it down. I'll be hitting for the rest of the year. I'm back."

Lou ends the first half with:

"I feel we're in good position to win this division," Piniella said. "Two things -- stay healthy, get healthy and swing the bats. That's it. We do those two things, we can win the second half. Those are two big 'ifs,' though."

This story was approved by Chicago Cubs Blog-Phil Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers