Friday, April 24, 2009

Injuries..Bradley..

UPDATE 3: Derrek Lee left the game in the bottom of the first with neck spasms and is listed as Day-to-Day.

UPDATE 2:
Carlos Marmol had a MRI and it was revealed as a grade 1 strain in his knee and could return mid week. Aramis isn't in the starting line-up.

UPDATE:
Aramis Ramirez will be out at least 3 days according to Bruce Levine. As far as Marmol is doesn't look like he'll go on the DL as he killed that rumor. But both will be re-ovulated later on Saturday.

9:37:
Carlos Marmol left the game with an apparent foot, ankle, or leg injury. It seems he was taken out as precautionary reasons.

8:29pm
: Aramis Ramirez left game in the fifth with a left calf strain. Update 8:50 he is day-to-day.

Bradley won't return until he's 100%. Words from Bradley:

"It's been frustrating," Bradley said. "You come in here and all [the media] want to talk about is how often you get hurt and your attitude and everything. I've given them an example right off the bat. I just don't feel like getting caught up in all the negativity.

"I'm a positive person, an upbeat person," he said. "I'm trying to focus on what I'm trying to do here. My teammates are behind me and the more reporters get in my face, the more I talk, the more things get written the way I don't say them or they're taken out of context, and that's when you lose teammates and you lose fans. The best strategy for me has always been to not say anything.

"I can sit here and think about the questions I'm going to get and the perfect answer to come up but when it comes to that time, and somebody throws a question at you, just the way they ask it or the question, might make me look perturbed at the question they're asking. I just prefer not to talk. I told Peter [Chase, media relations director] and everybody, and they suggested I talk. But I just don't want to do it.

"When I turn around and people are standing at my locker every time, I'm trying to figure out why because I've already told them I don't want to talk. That's the only thing -- I never had a problem with the media until I started reading stuff that wasn't what I said.

"I never had a problem in my life until I started playing baseball. All of a sudden, there are all these things. I just want to be me. I just want to be that guy who plays baseball and enjoys his teammates and has a good time. That's what I do."

This story was approved by Chicago Cubs Blog-Phil Wilson

1 comment:

  1. the milton bradley thing was a joke

    chill out

    ReplyDelete

Followers