Saturday, March 21, 2009

Corey Koskie Retires.

Corey Koskie retired today from the game of baseball, due to his concussion he suffered on July 6, 2006 while playing for the Brewers, that still makes him light headed. Corey said "it wasn't worth the risk." He is what else had had to say:

"You get caught up in what if I came back -- it'd be a great story," he said. "The big story is I had the opportunity to play. But is it really worth it to play?"

"Look at the facts -- I'm 35," he said. "I still can play. But if I play, I want to be 100 percent. I don't want the 'what if I dive, what if I do this.' Really, what am I trying to do to squeeze out two more years?"


IF you an author for an American League blog for any website, could you please comment or Email me!
This story was approved by Chicago Cubs Blog-Phil Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers