Monday, March 2, 2009

Peavy, Part XLIII

Even though the Cubs haven t started the talks with the Padres about there Ace Jake Peavy since the winter meetings, it could still be resurrected. But Peavy is still high on the Cubs according to the Chicago Tribune.

As from the beginning, the Padres cant afford the 63 million dollar contract for Jake Peavy.

Here's what he had to say:
"Obviously, Chicago was a team that I did have an interest in playing for, and I respect [general manager] Jim Hendry and the organization," he said. "I respect a lot of the players they have and feel like they have a good bunch, and obviously [it's] a great city. [Those] were reasons I identified the Cubs as a team I wanted to be a part of if I had to move on from San Diego."

"Other than doing that, I just let the guys making the decisions make them. I have no idea [what will happen]. I know I'm here and I have to prepare like I'm a San Diego Padre."

Major props to ChicagoCubsonline.com.

This story was approved by Chicago Cubs Blog-Phil Wilson

3 comments:

  1. Do you think the trade will get one abd this is great news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I will get excitied when I see that the Cubs and Pads are talking players again. I dont see this happening for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wont hear them talking until a couple monts when the ownership is resolve. At least by the trade deadline Peavy will be a Cub 90% but I see that before. The Padres need to trade Peavy due to over budget and the Cubs really want him.

    ReplyDelete

Followers