Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Training...Cub History...

PART I

Spring training so far has been normal, with no controversy. The Cubs have been around .500, with the underrated pitchers and position player performing best. There could be some surprises in that bullpen as well as that bench.

Lou has been fairly quite, unless he's talking about reading books (honestly, I don't care,) but Lou is Lou and he'll do or see what he wants cause his legacy is still intact.

I'm really pulling for two players this spring (well, every player, but you know what I mine) in Jose Ascanio and Kevin Gregg. I believe and thing Gregg deserves that closers spot so Marmol can keep the position as the best set-up man is baseball. Jose Ascanio is a best and I really hope he gets a shot, because in my eyes, he's the next Carlos Marmol or Jose Ceda.

Stay turned for PART II.

This day is Cubs history:

On This date in 1984, A judge in Illinios rules state laws prohibiting night baseball at Wrigley are Constitutional. The Chicago Cubs had previously sued to have the laws overturned after MLB took away ONE of the Cubs HOME games during the 1984 NLCS.


IF you an author for an American League blog for any website, could you please comment or Email me!
This story was approved by Chicago Cubs Blog-Phil Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers