Monday, March 9, 2009

Jake Peavy Suitor Emerges.

Jake Peavy recently told Rod Bradford of WEEI;

"Boston was a place that I told the Padres I would certainly be interested in playing. I don’t know if there were any talks. I gave the Padres a list and Boston was on that list. Boston was a place I told the Padres I would be interested in playing at. Set that straight for sure."


Yes I think Jake is interested, but is Boston? They have Beckett, Dice-K, and Lester anchoring that rotation with John Smoltz, Brad Penny, Clay Buchholz, Micheal Bowden, and Tim Wakefield vying for that 4th and 5th spot. The Red Sox have an amazing farm system, but there not gonna want a blow to there farm for a starting pitcher, when there most likely problem would br offense. You might be thinking, they have Bay, Ortiz, Pedroia! Well Ortiz will have declined numbers with the absence of Manny. Drew will be injured (duo to his back). Jason Bay and Dustin Pedroia had amazing years, but one hast to think that they can't do any better and will fall off those lines. BUT don't get me wrong that have a good line-up, but if they need help it will most likely be either C, CF, RF, 3B, or even DH.

AND the Padres will want Lars Anderson 1B or Michael Bowden RHP anchored in a deal. We all know Lars is the best 1B prospect in the game, but if the Padres are content with Adrian, then the Padres Might want Micheal Bowden and Michael Almanzar
. AND the Red Sox have Beckett who is already questioned with injury and they don't want a possible two.

Tell me what you guys think? What prospects the Padres would want from the Sox? Is it possible?

IF you an author for an American League blog for any website, could you please comment or Email me!
This story was approved by Chicago Cubs Blog-Phil Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers