Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cubs' Interested in Rich Aurilia, Peavy Update

According to Paul Sullivan The Cubs have spoken to Rich Aurilia's agent and they may look into offering Aurilia a one-year deal to take Cedeno's spot and back up Aramis Ramirez and Derrek Lee.

"We're a long ways from camp," Hendry said. "Maybe there's a potential addition we don't know about who could serve a different role in the utility situation."
------------------------------------

The Peavy Update:

Jim Hendry will sit down with the new owner, when that situation is resolved to talk about adding a 63 million dollar contract in Jake Peavy. If not they will explore the market for a FA starting pitcher (I do think the 5Th started will be someone we bring in, because I think we are going to keep Marshall as the 6Th man, and he's the most feasible candidate on the Cubs roster.)


New Cubs poll up!

5 comments:

  1. I really do think Peavy will be a Cub by the time the season starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree as well, but I'll say by the deadline. We don't know for sure if we can take on that budget, we might know in a week or at seasons start. But we do have the pieces to get him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Olson is a carbon copy of Sean Marshall, who the pads want. (I do think Marshall is a hair better.)

    ReplyDelete

Followers