Friday, January 23, 2009

New Cubs Rumors with Peavy Update.

  • According to Multiple sources The Ricketts Family has been selected for exclusive negotiations to buy the Chicago Cubs.
  • Under Armour getting sued by the Cubs, for backing out of a 10.8 million dollar ad deal with the Cubs.
  • Quote from Tom Ricketts "We share the goal of Cubs fans everywhere to win a World Series and build the consistent championship tradition that the fans deserve."
  • Cubs signed Ken Kadokura (got buried last week, forget to mention.)
  • Cubs wont peruse Oliver Perez.
  • Padres budget is over 40 million dollars, they really want and need to lower it.
Peavy Update: Olney says "there have been no recent conversations between the Padres and Cubs about Jake Peavy," but he believes talks could be restarted quickly given the Cubs selection yesterday of the Thomas Ricketts group as the potential new owner.

3 comments:

  1. I am in Omaha,Ne, and the is where the Ricketts family live, and there are more than one article that hints they want peavy. Proud and job of the Omaha area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can give me some of those sources online, you'll be my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha i live in a dorm right now. My girlfriend's dad saw it. I will try to get ahold of him tonight. If I find something I will tell ya.

    ReplyDelete

Followers