Saturday, January 3, 2009

Peavy A 80% Chance of Getting Done?

Bruce Levine thinks that there is a 80% chance of trading for Jake Peavy. Some prospects he thinks that are involved are Josh Vitters, Wellington Castillo, Jeff Stevens, and Kevin Hart. But I still think it's gonna take 5 or 6 prospects to land him. I'd still trade a combo of Felix Pie and either Cedeno, Hill, or a low level prospect for Garrett Olson, then flip him into the Peavy deal. He also said the recent announcement that Jeff Moorad (resigned as Dbacks CEO) is near a deal to buy the Padres from John Moores (Current owner of Padres) will not affect them dealing Jake Peavy.
(All from the the radio, don't know how credible it is. But I do know Bruce is one of the Countries most respected baseball writers and sports broadcasters.)

I'll keep you Posted!

8 comments:

  1. I just found this site and i love this site. You do a great job! One question, those pitchers that the Cubs got with the DeRosa deal, will they be part of any deal, if there is one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I appreciate it! I think if there's a deal, the most likely candidate would be Jeff Stevens (K/9 is 13.35,) but i could see John Gaub whose K/9 is 14.06 which is sick nasty. John Gaub reminds me of Carlos Marmol. Here's why:

    He was 1-1, 3.38 ERA, 0 GS, 64IP, 32 BB, 100K's last year in the Minors. Carlos Marmol had a K/9 of 11.75.

    In Gaubs Minor league career he's been a bullpen arm. Do I see him being Carlos Marmol? Not really. Would I be surprised if he did? No.

    Bookmark this Site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already have this site bookmarked. I love it.

    Anyways, I would imagine that Levine has a pretty reputable source for him to stick his neck out on the line like that. Sounds more and more like this deal still has to get done. I hope so, cause ol Board game just isn't enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flawless2j, i agree with you. I think something cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I just dont see Jim making the DeRosa trade unless he has something in plan for a Peavy trade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont see the padres holding on to him past opening day. The Cubs play the pad in spring training twice, and maybe it'll happen then. We'll see, but i agree i think it'll happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you think the Cubs have "enough" to get peavy or will it take a 3rd team to get the deal done?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah they got the goods but there not gonna part with Marshall or Fontenot. But if they trade Felix Pie to the O's for Garrett Olson then flip him into a package for Peavy, it could work. Kevin Towers needs to trade him, so most likely he'll accept a "OK" offer from the Cubs. The most likely prospects are: VITTERS, HART, WELINGTON CASTILLO, Jeff STEVENS, JAY JACKSON. Those are the highest prospects in are system, so most likely 4 of them and Garrett Olson.

    ReplyDelete

Followers